Internal Complaints Committee (ICC)
What is an ICC committee?
In pursuance of Section 4 of UGC (Prevention, prohibition and redressal of sexual harassment of women employees and students in higher educational institutions) Regulations, 2015 read with Section 4 of Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, a mandatory body by the name of ‘ICC Committee’ has been set up at IILM. The Committee is responsible for redressal of grievances, for combating sexual harassment, violence against women at the campus and for providing a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students of the University.
Are you Being Sexually Harassed?
If you are a female student/ employee experiencing sexual harassment at your work place/College/or if you want to help victim, kindly read “The sexual Harassment of women at workplace Act, 2013” came into effect on 9th December, 2013.
IILM University, Greater Noida issued the notification and adopted it on 9th January, 2023
What constitutes sexual harassment?
Sexual Harassment includes unwelcome sexual behaviour of direct or implied nature such as
• Physical contact and advances
• Request for sexual favours
• Sexually coloured remarks
• Showing pornography
• Unwelcome physical, verbal, or non-verbal sexual conduct
How does one prepare a complaint?
• Write exactly what happened with details, dates, name of witnesses & documents, if any.
• Be specific about the incident (s).
• Be honest, as false complaints can invite penalties.
• You need to file a complaint of sexual harassment within three months of the incident.
How to file a complaint?
Submit the complaint: either directly at the office of the ICC, Cabin 302, Third Floor, IGSM Building, IILM University, Greater Noida or send the email to email@example.com
Helpline no: 01140934665