B. Tech. Food Technology is a four-year undergraduate program which imparts knowledge about the various areas related to food science as a discipline and produces competent food professional graduates imbibing leadership qualities and ethical responsibilities. This program aims to develop an understanding of food composition, principles of preservation, new product development, food quality analysis and food safety laws.Food Technology offers two specializations in cutting edge technologies involved in the following domains:
i) Food Packaging: Packaging is essential to retain quality of food products by providing protection from environmental, chemical, and physical challenges. This specialization will make the students explore the latest technologies, advances and challenges in packaging industries.
ii) Dairy Science and Technology: This specialization emphasizes on physical, enzymatic, and microbial transformation to prolong the shelf life of pasteurized milk, cheese, fermented foods, butter, milk powders, protein products and nutritional formulations.
- Industry oriented curriculum.
- MoU with various renowned industries like Biocon for certification and internship.
- Practical knowledge through state of the art laboratories equipped with high end instruments and industrial exposure.
- Strong interdisciplinary research base with government funded projects from SERB, AKTU, and UPCST.
- Skill development of students by conducting value addition programs and various hands-on workshops from renowned organizations.
- International exposure to students.
- Personalized mentoring, Career counseling and Personality Development by Faculty members, industry stalwarts and Alumni.
- Excellent Track record of Placements with Top Ranked companies like Biocon, Nestle, Mankind Pharma, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Lal Path labs, Intas Pharmaceuticals, Bikano, Dabur, Cadbury, Core Diagnostics and Apollo.
- Machine Learning developer
- Big Data & AI Scientist
- Computational Biologist
- Pharmacogenomics Scientist
- Patent agent
- Genetic counsellor
- Quality control executive
- Process manager
- Product development manager
- Food safety expert
- Food technologist
- Project manager