B. Tech. Bioinformatics is a four-year undergraduate program run to develop and nurture manpower in the field of Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Medical sector. Bioinformatics emerged with the use of computational power to study biological information, data generation and developing tools, algorithms and software’s. Program is offering specialization in:
i) Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are two entwined subjects wherein the former grants the machine the capacity to recreate the human way of behaving while the latter helps with learning the examples with the assistance of past information. This specialization primarily focuses on the development of smart graduates with technology that can mimic cognitive processes to understand, predict, analyze and perform the given tasks with precision.
- Industry oriented curriculum.
- MoU with various renowned industries like Biocon for certification and internship.
- Practical knowledge through state of the art laboratories equipped with high end instruments and industrial exposure.
- Strong interdisciplinary research base with government funded projects from SERB, AKTU, and UPCST.
- Skill development of students by conducting value addition programs and various hands-on workshops from renowned organizations.
- International exposure to students.
- Personalized mentoring, Career counseling and Personality Development by Faculty members, industry stalwarts and Alumni.
- Excellent Track record of Placements with Top Ranked companies like Biocon, Nestle, Mankind Pharma, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Lal Path labs, Intas Pharmaceuticals, Bikano, Dabur, Cadbury, Core Diagnostics and Apollo.
- The course will develop graduates with diverse avenues to make career with skills and technology in fields like Biotechnology, Big Data Analysis, Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Algorithm & Software development, Clinical Pharmacology, Next Generation Sequencing, etc.
- Students who complete this program can enter postgraduate programs or can join research and medical schools, or find employment in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, healthcare and software development companies like Agilent, Jubilant, LabNetworx, Accelrys, CytoGenomics, BioImagine, etc.