Dr. Suhani Sharma is a psychologist and lecturer at IILM University teaching graduate and post graduate students clinical psychology, emotional intelligence and research methods. Apart from her formal training in applied psychology she is certified in Dance Movement Therapy facilitation and Art Therapy with BAAT London and is has been dealing with clients for 7 years on various psychological and mental health issues such as depression and anxiety. Her PhD was on spirituality and understanding the theory of happiness in practitioners and non-practitioners of spirituality with published papers in reputed international journals. A part from her passion from guiding and speaking to youth and delivering wellness sessions to schools and corporates, she is an ardent believer of holistic methods of wellbeing and is currently developing university curriculums incorporating Indian Psychology for wellness.
Dr. Suhani Sharma
- BA Programme (Psychology-Philosophy)- Jesus and Mary College, Delhi University, 2012
- MA Applied Psychology – Amity University, Noida 2014
- PhD in Psychology – Amity University, Noida 2021, Title: Triguna, Altruism
- Spirituality in relation to human wellbeing: A new Health model. International journal of Social Sciences, 1st May 2019 (UGC)
- The Spiritual Revolution in India: factors shaping spiritual seeking modern Indians. Journal of Spirituality in Mental Health. 22nd Dec 2017, (Scopus),
- Sattva Guna as a predictor of wisdom and Psychological Well being. The International Journal Of Indian Psychology. Oct-Dec 2016 (UGC)
Certifications & Trainings
- Foundation Art Therapy course – British Association of Arts Therapy, London (Oct 2015)
- Therapeutic Movement Facilitator- CMTAI, International Dance Council, CID-UNSECO, France (Jan-March, 2015)
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health – Children’s’ First, New Delhi (22nd July- 22nd September, 2016)
- NLP Practitioner- Anchor NLP (2017)
Workshops and Trainings Delivered
- Stress Management and Anxiety: A holistic approach- Heritage International Experiential School, Gurgaon March 22nd ,(2023)
- Mindfulness sessions for TECTURA employees (2018)
- Introduction to Creative Movement Therapy- CMTAI’s Annual International Conference, Zorba The Buddha (2018)
- Productivity Management Training for KrytonBuildmat, Gurgaon. (2017)
- Happiness workshops- Kirloskar, Senior Managers- Gurgaon (2016)
- Efficiency Management – Roca Parry ware, Gurgaon (2016)
- Moving to learn- ASPAM Worksop for teachers on using dance movement therapy for creating classroom learning (2017)
- Caring for carer- Fortis Delhi , (2015)
- Co- Convenor at 10th PRME International Conference – Creating Synergy for a sustainable resilient world, at IILM University Greater Noida, February 17-18, 2023
- Paper Presentation: International Conference on Psychosocial Perspectives On Health & Well Being, March1-2, 2016, Department of Psychology Jamia Millia Islamia. New Delhi (1-2 March, 2016)
Presentation Title: Confluence of East and West on the Concept of wellbeing: Sattva Guna and wisdom in relation to psychological well being.
- Paper Presentation: International Conference on Health and Well being: An Interdisciplinary Inquiry. Department of Psychology Jamia Millia(22-23 March,2017).
Presentation Title: The Case of Consciousness: Spirituality for the Modern Indian.