Dr. Sandeep Kumar is a faculty of Operations & Information Management at IILM Graduate School of Management, Greater Noida. He comes with 9+ years of teaching and industry experience. Prior, he worked as Postdoctoral Fellow at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. There, he led Digital assessment and Industry 4.0 enabled solutions development projects. Also, he has worked with company John Deere, Ammunition Factory Pune, Business Science corporation SA, AVTEC Pithampur Pvt. Ltd., and with SMEs as consultant.Moreover, he has conducted Business Process Simulation training programs in Wipro PARI Pune, AVTEC Hosur, etc. His research interest incudes Industry 4.0/Smart, manufacturing, Modelling & Simulation, Optimization, Decision-support system, Life Cycle Engineering, Dynamic Planning, Cyber-Physicalsystem, Internet of things. He is associate editor of journal Frontiersin Manufacturing Technology, and is reviewer of prestigious journals like International Journal of Reliability Engineering and Systems Safety, Elsevier and International Journal of Production Research.
- Ph.D., Operations & Supply chain Management, Indian Institute of Technology Indore (2018)
– Topic: Investigating the value of integrated operations planning considering multiple dependent shop-floor functions: Realizing Industry 4.0
- M. Tech.,Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal (2013)
– Specialization: Maintenance Management
- B. Tech., Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow (2011)
– Specialization: Mechanical Engineering
Publications in Refereed Journals
- Kumar, S., Manjrekar, V., Singh, V. and Lad, B. K., (2020), Integrated yet distributed operations planning approach: A next generation manufacturing planning system, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Elsevier, Vol. 54, pp. 103-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmsy.2019.12.001 SCI (Impact factor: 5.105) & ABDC-B
- Kumar, S., Purohit, B. S., Manjrekar, V., Singh, V. and Lad, B. K., (2018), Investigating the value of integrated operations planning: A case-based approach from automotive industry, International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 56, No. 22, pp. 6971-6992. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2018.1424367 SCI (Impact factor: 4.577), & ABDC-A
- Kumar, S., and Lad, B. K., (2017), Integrated production and maintenance planning for parallel machine system considering cost of rejection, Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol. 68, No. 7, pp. 834-846. https://doi.org/10.1057/jors.2016.46 SCI (Impact factor: 2.175) & ABDC-A
- Purohit, B. S., Kumar, S., Lad, B. K., Manjrekar, V. and Singh, V., (2017), Optimizing Multi Item Operations Sequencing and Batch Size for Non-Parallel Capacitated Machines: A Case Study, International Journal of Performability Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 557-568. https://doi.org/10.23940/ijpe.17.05.p1.557568 Scopus (Impact factor: 1.2)
- Kumar, S., Singh, A. and Sasikumar, C., (2013), Root cause failure analysis of Blanking Device of Strainer Housing used in Steam Turbine, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 1003-1008.
- Singh, A., and Kumar, S. (2012). Controlling thermal comfort of passenger vehicle using fuzzy controller. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 640-644.
Publications in International Journals
- Kumar, S., Petchrompo, S., Ahmed, T. & Jain, A. K. (2022) Simulation-based POLCA Integrated QRM Approach: Realizing Industry 4.0, 2nd International Conference on Industry 4.0 and Advanced Manufacturing, pp. 1-7, 10 – 11 Jan 2022, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- Kumar, S. & Bansal, D. (2022) “A framework for learning based approach for shop-floor decision-making”. 9th PRME Conference conducted by IILM University, BLOOMSBURY, (February, 2022).
- Jain A. K., Kumar, P., Srivastava, J. P., Tayal, S. and Kumar, S., (2021), Data-Centric Prognostics: Challenges and Opportunities in the Era of Industry 4.0, International Conference on Technology Innovation in Mechanical Engineering (TIME-2021), SISTEC Bhopal, India, April 22-23. pp. 1-5.
- Kumar, S., Kulkarni, M. S., and Lad, B. K., (2019), Industry 4.0 readiness assessment for SMEs: A state-of-the-art literature review, International Conference on Precision, Meso, Micro and Nano Engineering (COPEN 2019), IIT Indore, India, December 12-14. pp. 1-7.
- Kumar, S., Bakliwal K., Dhada, M. H., and Lad, B. K., (2019), Distributed Job Scheduling Using Multi-Agent System, International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM 2019), Bangkok, Thailand, March 5-7, pp. 3805-3816.
- Kumar, S. and Lad, B. K., Manjrekar, V. and Singh, V., (2016), Maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness by joint Consideration of Production, Maintenance and Quality for Flow-Shop Environment, 6th International and 27th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR 2016), COEP Pune, India, December 16-18 Dec., pp. 1713-1717.
- Kumar, S. and Lad, B. K., (2016), Effect of maintenance resource constraints on flow-shop environment in a joint production and maintenance context, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM 2016), Bali, Indonesia, December 4-7, pp. 641-645. DOI:10.1109/IEEM.2016.7797954.
- Kumar, S., Purohit, B. S. and Lad, B. K., (2014), Integrated Approach for Job Scheduling and Multi-Component Maintenance Planning in a Production System, 5th International and 26th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR 2014), IIT Guwahati, India, December 12-14, pp. 482 (1-6).
- Bhargava, A., Kumar, S., Rokade, T. and Lad, B. K., (2013), Joint optimisation of maintenance schedules and inventory levels in a manufacturing system, Proceeding of The Second International Conference on Intelligent Robotics, Automation and Manufacturing (IRAM 2013), IIT Indore, India, December 16-18, pp. 583-590.