Dr. Roma Chandra is a faculty of Department of Biotechnology at IILM, Greater Noida. Since 2010. She has an experience of 12 years of teaching.Her teaching expertise areas include Bioinformatics and Biochemistry. She had worked on research & review articles in the domain of Bioinformatics published in reputed journals. She had also presented and published papers in National and International conferences. She had conducted Faculty development programs, webinars and hands on sessions in the area of Bioinformatics. She had conducted conferences and seminars and had been an active member of various events conducted at institute level. She is the editor of departmental magazine and had coordinated various of student’s club activities. Her strengths includeself-motivation& confidence, leadership quality, positive & keep going attitude and to stay in learning mode bringing innovative ideas to work with new technologies.
Dr. Roma Chandra
- Ph.D. In Bioinformatics from Shri Venkateshwara University, Gajraula in 2020.
- M.Tech. In Bioinformatics from IIIT, Allahabad in 2010.
- B.Tech. In Biotechnology in I.E.TKhandari Campus, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra in 2008.
- Completed 8 Coursera Courses:
– Plant bioinformatics – University of Toronto (8 weeks)
– Drug discovery – UC San Diego(3 weeks)
– DNA Decoded – Mc Master University (4 weeks)
– Introduction to Genome Technologies – John Hopkins University (4 weeks)
– Mind control: Managing your mental health during covid-19 – University of Toronto (4 weeks)
– Drug Development – UC San Diego (3 weeks).
– Drug Commercialization –UC San Diego(4 weeks).
– Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST) (7 weeks).
Research/Review /Conference Articles
- Roma Chandra, In Silico Study of Secondary Structure of Hemoglobin Protein,RJPT,2021;14(12).
- Roma Chandra, SusmitaSaha, TapanMajumder, A serological study of Dengue Virus and Chikungunya virus: To check the infection and co-infection between these two viruses in Tripura,IJPR,2021;13(4).
- Roma Chandra, Molecular Docking studies of Drug receptor Interaction for Bioweapon Brucella in AICTE Sponsored Online National Conference on “Precision Medicine:Current Scenario and Future Aspects” organized by NIT Silchar,Assam.
- Roma Chandra, In Silico Analysis and Molecular Docking Studies of Cajanuscajan Lectin against Aminopeptidase-N Receptor from Acyrthosiphonpisum in (27th International Conference of International Academy of Physical Sciences (CONIAPS XXVII) on “Mathematical Modelling in Biological Sciences” organized by NIT Silchar, Assam
- Roma Chandra, Sumit Kumar.Pairwise sequence alignment – A global alignment approach, EJPMR, 2019; 6(2):270-272.
- Roma Chandra, Study of Microarray biological data using data mining,WJPPS,2019;8(1):1443-1452.
- Roma Chandra, Sumit Kumar, Mahira Khan.Study of miRNA-based gene regulation involved in squamous lung carcinoma by assistance of argonaute protein, IJRDPL,2018;7(1):2913-2917.
- Roma Chandra, Study of miRNA mRNA Modules and their Relationship with Cancer Pathways, JPSR, 2017; 9(1):10 -13.
- Roma Chandra, miRNA: Biogenesis, Functions, Gene Targets, Prediction tools & Databases – A Review, RJPT, 2017; 10(6).
- Roma Chandra, Sumit Kumar, In Silico approach to construct miRNA mRNA Module, IJLTEMAS, 2016; 5 (4): 46-48. (Google Scholar & UGC).
- Roma Chandra, microRNA mRNA module prediction leading to microarray data analysis to develop gene regulatory network, IJESRT,2014;3(11).
- Roma Chandra, Predicting Relationship between microRNAs and mRNA Target Genes and Their Regulatory Effect in Biological Networks, 2014, International Conference on Recent Advances in Developing Biomarker Technology & Application of NGS in Pharmacogenomics.(Organized by Shobhit University, Saharanpur & Micelles LifeSciences).
- FDP Coordinator – ATAL FDP – IILM Gr.Noida on Computer Science and Biology: Impact of Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology on Drug Discovery, 4 Oct – 8 Oct,2021.
- Attended ATAL FDP – MNIT Jaipur on Computer Science and Biology from 18 Jan – 22 Jan, 2021.
- Attended ATAL FDP – IILM Gr.Noida on Waste Technology from 27 Jan – 31 Jan, 2021.
- Attended ATAL FDP – NITTR,Chandigarh on Blended Learning and Flipped Classroom from 8 Feb – 12 Feb ,2021.
- Attended ATAL FDP – IIIT Allahabad – Computer aided drug design in drug discovery from 6 Sep -10 Sep.2021.
- Attended FDP – ICT Tools for Teaching ,Learning Process & Institutes – 13-17 Jan,2020 ,NIT Patana
- Attended FDP – ICT Based Teaching Learning – 01-05 July,2020 ,RCP Roorkee
- Attended FDP – Research Orientation in Engineering with Effective Outcomes – 26-30 July,2020,KIET Ghaziabad