Dr. Saumya Pandey is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Biotechnology, IILM Academy of Higher Learning, Greater Noida. She has worked as Assistant Professor in School of Agriculture, Uttaranchal University, Dehradun. She has receivedher M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree in Biotechnology from Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan. She has attended several conferences, training and FDPs and presented several posters and papers in national and international conferences. She has published 7 research papers, 3 review articles and 5 chapter in national and international Journals.
Dr. Saumya Pandey
- Ph.D., Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan (2018)
– Topic: Morphological and Molecular (RAPD & SSR profiling) Analysis of Bryoflora of Mount Abu, Rajasthan.
- M.Sc, Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan (2013)
– Major: Biotechnology
- B.Sc, Banasthali Vidyapith, Rajasthan (2011)
– Major: Biotechnology
Research and Scholarly Publication
- Pandey, S., Alam, A. 2021. Molecular markers (RAPD and SSR) based characterization of genetic diversity and population structure of moss Hyophilainvoluta (Hook.) Jaeg. Acta Botanica Hungrica 63 (1-2).
- Pandey, S.,Alam, A., 2019. Scanning Electron Microscope studies on leaves and peristomes of the selected moss species from Mount Abu, Rajasthan. Phytomorphology 69 (1&2): 7-13.
- Pandey, S.,Alam, A., 2019. Peat moss: A hyper-sorbent for oil spill cleanup- a review. Plant Science Today 6(4): 1-4.
- Pandey, S., Pandey, S., Alam, A., 2019. 16S rRNA sequence-based analysis of bacterial communities associated with the selected mosses of Mount Abu (Rajasthan), India. Biodiversity International Journal 3(5): 230-233.
- Pandey, S., Rawat, K.K., Verma, P.K., Alam, A., 2018. Diversity of Family Pottiaceae in Mount Abu (Rajasthan) with morphology and anatomy of selected taxa. Vegetos 31: 68-79.
- Pandey, S., Sharma V., Alam A., 2018. Phylogeny based on 16S rRNA sequence and morphology of selected mosses of Mount Abu, Rajasthan (India). Metagene 16: 218-225.
- Pandey, S.,Alam, A. Chakraborty, D., Sharma V. 2018. An improved protocol for genomic DNA isolation from bryophyte species. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences, 89(3), 823-831.
- Pandey, S., Sharma, V., Alam, A., 2016. Potential of Microsatellites Markers for the Genetic Analysis of Bryophytes. Notulae Scientia Biologicae 8(1): 37-46.
- Pandey, S., Alam, A., 2016. Marchantia polymorpha L.: An Emerging Model Plant System to Study Contemporary Plant Biology – A Review. Plant Science Today 3(2): 88- 99.
- Alam, A., Pandey, S., Singh, V., Sharma, S.C., Sharma, V., 2014. Moss Flora of Mount (Rajasthan), India: An Updated Checklist. Tropical Plant Research 1(1): 8-13.
- Pandey S., 2022. Biotechnological studies of medicinal plants to enhance secondary metabolites under various environmental pollution, In: Environmental Pollution and Medicinal Plants, CRC press, pp. 177-187.
- Pandey S., Husen A. 2022. Role of plant stem or shoot cutting positions and hormone treatments in adventitious root formation, In: Environmental, Physiological and Chemical Controls of Adventitious Rotting in Cuttings, Elsevier, pp.367-375.
- Sandhya S, Mehta S, Pandey S., Husen A. 2022. Adventitious root formation in cuttings as influenced by genotypes, leaf area, and types of cuttings, In: Environmental, Physiological and Chemical Controls of Adventitious Rotting in Cuttings, Elsevier, 381-390.
- Pandey S., 2021. Recombinant DNA technology for sustainable plant growth and production, In: Husen A. (eds) Harsh Environment and Plant Resilience, Cham.
- Pandey S., 2021. Potential of medicinal plants as immunity booster against COVID-19, In: Traditional Herbal Therapy for the Human Immune System (pp. 455-474), CRC Press.
- Pandey, S., 2021. Polysaccharide based membranes for packaging applications. In: Inamuddin, Ahamed MI, Boddula R, Altalhi, Polysaccharides: Properties and Applications, Wiley-Scrivener Publisher, pp. 473-496.
- Pandey, S., Alam, A., 2020. Bryo-pharmaceuticals: An emerging era of pharmaceutical products. In: Singh A, Singh P, Bithel N, Advanced Pharmacological Uses of Medicinal Plants and Natural Products, Hershey, PA: IGI Global, pp. 235-248.
- Pandey, S., Alam, A., 2019. The Utility of Molecular Sequence Data in Phylogenetic Analysis of Bryoflora. In: Alam A, Recent Advances in Botanical Science: Contemporary research in bryophytes, Vol. 1, Bentham Science publisher, Singapore. pp. 38-51.