Dr. Soni Sharma is a blend of the teaching of various allied areas of Management which are English and Business Communication. She has delivered multiple management development programs on English and communications which included written communication for industry and professional writing. She taught at different institutions of repute in India and Indonesia with the above expertise. She has experience and exposure to teaching all levels of students beginning from School to post-graduate students which only makes her teaching versatile and innovative according to generations. She strongly believes in hands-on training pedagogy and focuses on engagement and interaction. She has been appointed as a secretariat member of the South-East Asian Research Association. She is on the editorial board of “Journal of English Language Studies” (double-blind peer-reviewed international journal) by University of Lanchang Kuning, Indonesia, “International Journal of Transformation in English & Education” and “Infinite” English Literature Magazine, India.
- Ph.D., Translation Studies, IGNOU, New Delhi (2020)
– Topic: Film Adaptation of Partition Literature with reference to Deepa Mehta’s Films
- M. Phil, Translation Studies, IGNOU, New Delhi, (2017)
– Topic: Film Adaptation of Gustave Flaubert in Hindi Cinema
- MA Eng. Jamia Milia University, New Delhi, (2011)
- BA Eng. (Hons), Delhi University, Delhi, (1998)
Professional Certification and Qualification
- Post Graduate Diploma in Communicative English (PGDCE) University of Hyderabad.
- Certificate in Behavior Testing and Training GGSIPU New Delhi.
- Advance Diploma in French from School of Foreign Languages
- (B2) Diploma in German from Max Muller Bhawan.
- One-year Diploma in Indian Mystical thought from University of Jammu
- The reviewer at Sage publishing House for Business Communication Books
- Editorial Board Member for International Journal of Business Research (Scopus & ABDC Listed)
- Editorial Board Member for International Journal of Transformation in English & Education (A peer-reviewed journal)
- Editorial Board Member for Journal of English Studies (A peer-reviewed journal)
Paper presented in International Conferences
- Paper Presented on “Globalization and the role of Foreign Languages” in IOLC International conference in 2008
- Paper titled “The role of Cross-Cultural training for effective management in International Business” presented and published in an International Conference on Technological Revolution for International Business and Economic Sustainability organized by Asian Business School, in 2016
- Paper titled “Translation: A driving force in the tourism economy” presented and published in an International Conference on Tourism, Pluralism and Heritage, issues & challenges in the modern world organized by Dr.B.R Ambedkar University, Agra, India, and Centre for Global Business Studies, Howard University, USA on February 27, 2018
- Paper titled “Social Media: Uses and Opportunities in Public Relations” presented in an International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business Innovation, Technology & Social Sciences (ICBITSS 2018) organized by School of Management, Gautam Buddha University on June, 1st to 2nd, 2018, Greater Noida, India
- Paper titled “Shakespeare in Between Translation and Adaptation” presented in an international conference in World Shakespeare Congress on 12 to the 16 of July 2021
Paper presented in National Conferences
- Paper titled “Translation”: An effective way to migration of different culture in the world presented and published in the National Conference organized by the Department of Tourism and Culture at Banaras Hindu University in 2017
- Paper titled “Mission Skill India; An analysis of the role of Skill Development for making Make in India Campaign Successful” Presented and published in the National Conference “Make in India: Transforming India by Indira Puram Institute of Higher Studies in 2016
- Paper titled “The role of translation in the growth of current economy: A case study of L’oreal” published in the conference preceding of Institute of Management Studies
- Paper titled on Machine Translation vs Human Translation in IIT, Patna Published in proceeding of conference
- Paper titled “The role of Translation in Tourism Industry” is published in Advances in Management & Decision Sciences in preceding of the conference at Gautam Budh Technical University, Greater Noida
Paper Presented in National Seminar
- Presented a paper titled “Translating Gender and Sexuality in commercial Hindi Cinema in the 20th Century: A special reference to adaptation of Gustave -Flaubert’s Madame Bovary in Maya Memsaab by Ketan Mehta” at the National Seminar on Gender and Translation organized by The School of Translation Studies and Training, IGNOU, New Delhi on Jan 21& 22, 2016
- Presented a paper titled “Film Adaptation is the alliance of Literary Translation: Problems and Opportunities in Contemporary Indian Cinema” at the National Seminar on Literary Translation: Challenges & Opportunities at The School of Translation Studies and Training, IGNOU, New Delhi on March 29& 30, 2016
- Presented paper in two-day National Seminar on Inter Medial Translation: Word to Visual and Visual to Word on March 01 & 02, 2016 at Room No. 5, Convention Centre, IGNOU, New Delhi
Chapters in Edited Book
- “Translating Feminism in Commercial Indian Cinema in 20th Century” Book titled “A View on Post Modern Feminist Writings”, DJ publication.
- Co-edited and authored a book named “Quintessence of Dalit Literature”, Adhyayan Publisher, New Delhi
- “What Is Entrepreneurship?” Book titled “Entrepreneurship in India”, Mankin Press
- “Adoption of 5.0 Online and Collaborative Education among the youth of Indonesia” in Book titled “Transformation for Sustainable Business and Management Practices: Exploring the spectrum of Industry 5.O” by Emerald Publishing
- “HR Practices and Challenges in Banking Sector during Covid 19” in Book titled “HR 4.0 Practices in the Post – Covid 19 Scenario by Talyor & Francis
Chapter in Course Book
- One chapter on “History of Film Adaptation” in the course material of PGCAR (PG certificate in Anuvad evam Rupantaran ) Program, IGNOU
Research Paper Published in National Journal
- Soni Sharma. (2017). A Critical Study and Analysis on theory and practices in Cinematic adaptation. The Creative Launcher, 2(4), 284–290. Retrieved from https://www.thecreativelauncher.com/index.php/tcl/article/view/626
- Soni Sharma. (2017). Madame Bovary and its Cinematic Adaptation in English. The Creative Launcher, 2(4), 224–231. Retrieved from https://www.thecreativelauncher.com/index.php/tcl/article/view/618
- Sharma Soni, Translating Anna Karenina; A Masterpiece by Leo Tolstoy, Anuvad
Session Chaired in International Conferences
- Chaired a session in a technical session in the Online International Conference on “New Normal – Corporate and Self-Management in Current Scenario “organized by the School of Management, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida on 17 – 18 June 2020
- Chaired a session in an International Research Conference on Higher Education (IRCHE) 2021 with the theme “Leveraging Cultural and Technological Diversity Towards New Opportunities for Industry 5.0” on December 16, 2021 at the Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Sta. Mesa, Manila, Philippines.
- Chaired a session in an International Conference on Entrepreneurship Studies, Business, Economy, and Management Science (6th ESBEM) on April 16,2022 organized by Research Synergy Foundation, Indonesia
- Chaired a session in the 2nd International Conference on Contemporary issues in Business Innovation, Technology & Social Science ON May 25 (ICBITSS 2022)
MDP/EDP Sessions Conducted
- Started the first assignment of training with M/s Samtel Color Ltd., Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh on time management. Imparted training on Business and Office Etiquette which was followed with the subsequent assignment at M/s Shriram Piston, Ghaziabad as Communication Expert in the area of Skill Development to Supervisors.
- Paneled on NIESBUD, Ministry of Small & Micro enterprises, Noida as External Communication Trainer for international participants on Personal Effectiveness (The trainees are sponsored by Ministry of External Affairs) delivered a module on Personal Effectiveness and Communication
- Empanelled with IPC (Indian Pharmacopoeia), Ministry of Health, Ghaziabad as Communication Trainer since 2009 and delivered on Time Management & Stress Management to the Drug Inspector and Drug controller
- Empanelled with NSIC (National Skill Industries Corporation) (Ministry of Small & Micro-enterprises) Govindpuri, Delhi as Communication Trainer on Content development on Image Management & Communication for skilled employees and trainees
- Delivered program at THDCIL (Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India Ltd.) to non-executives and executives on forming CSR communication strategies for livelihood generation in affected villages of Dam
- Delivered and Imparting training to professionals on Communication Skills and Customer Focus NTPC (Dadri), GAIL (Noida) in the area of Business Writing, BHEL (Noida) on Email Etiquettes
- Delivered training at Oriental Bank of Commerce, Noida on “Mentorship program to Mentors and women leadership challenges”
- Deliver program on “Customer Expectations and Business Etiquette” at Corporation Bank, Green Park, HRD Centre
- Deliver training program on “Cross-selling” at Canara Bank and Punjab and Sindh Bank
- Deliver training frequently on English Communication, Art of Advocacy, and Conflict Management at Power Grid Corporation of India, POSCO, Chenab Valley Project Ltd.
- Delivered training for LG Electronics, Greater Noida on Communication and Work-life Balance
- Delivered training on “Change Management and Situational Leadership” at Helm 360, Noida
- Delivered training on “Negotiation Skills” at Fiserv, Gurgaon
- Delivered training on “The importance of Professional etiquettes” at Suzuki Motorcycles, Gurgaon
- Delivered motivational session on “Women Empowerment” at Ambica Steels Ltd. New Delhi
- Zonal Coordinator of WASME (World Association for Small and Medium Enterprises) South East Asia
- Zonal Coordinator of Promising Indian Association (South East Asia)
- Member of Indian Expat association Medan (IEAM)
- Southeast Asian Research Academy
- Pan African Women Network
- Participated in the Teacher Training Program conducted by the German government in Berlin in 2007.
- Participated in a Fifteen Days workshop on Academic writing in April 2015 at JNU, Delhi.
- Attended a one day workshop on Research Methodology in April 2015 at IGNOU Delhi.
- Participated in a workshop organized for language Teachers by the Embassy of Switzerland in India in collaboration with The Indo German Teachers association in New Delhi Dec. 2009
- Participated in an Educational workshop organized by a Swiss Educationist, Ms Sandra Hutterli, conducted by the Embassy of Switzerland. And the Directorate of Education Govt of N.C.T Delhi October 2009.
- Attended One Day Workshop on 23rd Feb. 2016 on Research Methodology of Translation Studies, focusing on the issues and challenges in this emerging discipline at Room No. 5, Convention Centre, IGNOU, New Delhi
Research projects undertaken
- Cross-Cultural Communication in Indian Automobile Sector at IMS in 2010
- Research on Hermeneutics of Transgender in Indian Literature with KU university, Kiel, Germany with Dr. Volka Juttamann in 2017