Prof Rajkishan is a faculty of Economics at IILM University, Greater Noida. He has a combined work experience of 27 years in teaching and research. He has been teaching at the Greater Noida campus since 2010. Before IILM he taught economics at Indus World School of Business and Delhi University. He also worked as a senior economist at the Economic Research Foundation, New Delhi. He has a keen interest in development economics and holds a Ph.D. on the link between agrarian change and economic development. He is a trained case teacher and is passionate about experiential/alternative pedagogical approaches to teaching and learning. He has conceived & conducted faculty development programmes on case teaching, unlearning teaching, and alternative pedagogies. He was also part of the MDPs conducted by IILM for MES, Satya Sai Sewa Trust & IAS/IFS. He has also performed leadership roles in academic administration and accreditation(NBA, NAAC, and AACSB) at Indus World School of Business and IILM. Currently, he is the chair of the General Management area.
Dr Rajkishan S.S
- Ph.D., Economics, JNU, New Delhi, 2020
- M Phil., Applied Economics, University of Kerala, 1995, A Grade.
- UGC- JRF/NET- 1995.
- MA., Economics, Department of Economics, University of Kerala, 1992- II Rank.
- BA., Economics, University of Kerala, 1990- I class.
- Information and Communication Technologies for a better world – on 23-12-2003 which is available at www.networkideas.org.
- Contributed an article to the book, ‘Ishwar Dayal an Edupreneur’, published by Ane Books, New Delhi, 2010.
- ‘Emerging Challenges for Businesses in the Global Political Environment- A review’ in the IILM Management Review, August 2012
- Predicting the Opening of the Indian Stock Market – IMIE, Volume 5, Issue 5, pp 60-72, 2015
- Article on Unlearning Teaching in IILM Edge
- • Article on Gen Y to Gen Z -Perceptions on Disruptions to Industry in IILM edge
- • Article on IR4.0 technologies and their impact on business in IILM edge
- • Article on It’s time to Unlearn Teaching in Pallikuttam Online @ https://lnkd.in/ez4BRUY6
Awards & Recognitions
Awarded the best faculty for core subjects for five years in a row by the IILM Board of Trustees, at the annual convocation, from 2017 to 2021 (based on student vote) @ IILM GSM.
Training, FDPs & Certifications
- HBSP Certification for Case Teaching in Management
- NEN/IIM B FDP Certificationfor Case Teaching
- Market Place Simulations -Certified Trainer
FDPs, MDPs, Conferences Conducted/Participated
- Moderated The IILM HR Conclave on ‘Moving Towards The Next Gen HR: Unleashing The Organizational Excellence” on 18th March 2023 @ IILM University, Greater Noida.
- Delivered the keynote address, ‘Political Economy of Poverty: Deciphering Food Security’ in the National Seminar SDG II – ZERO HUNGER: ENSURING FOOD SECURITY FOR ALL, conducted by the Department of Economics, University of Kerala, in collaboration with the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), on 9th March 2023.
- Delivered a lecture as a guest of honor at the seminar on the topic “G-20 Summit 2023: Leveraging the Opportunity to Strengthen India’s Socioeconomic Status” on 1st March 2023 at Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi.
- Presented a Paper on the Role of AI/ML in the study of student’s mental health problems at the “2nd International Conference on Recent Trends in Engineering, Technology and Business Management” (ICRTETBM 2023) on Feb.23, 2023, at Amity University Campus, Sector – 125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
- Moderated the first plenary session on Reimagining the future for Sustainable Development: The ESG Framework for Green Economy (17th Feb 2023) at the IILM 10th PRME International Conference on “Creating Synergy for a Sustainable and Resilient World.
- Delivered a lecture on the Future of work in the age of IR 4.0″, at Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi University, on 21st January 2020.
- Delivered a session on Indian Economy at the Dept of Health Care Management, Jamia Hamdard, on 23rd October 2019
- Moderated a session in the International Conference on Big Data Analytics for the Digital Era on 24th February 2018 at IILMGSM, Greater Noida.
- Reviewer in the FIIB Business Review (Published by Sage) from 2016-2019
- Editor of Management Perspective, the journal of IILM Graduate School of Management.
- Reviewed the book, ‘Economics for Managers’ by Paul G Farnham, 3rd international edition, published by Pearson, 2017.
- Coordinated and delivered sessions in the two-week MDP for ADG officers of MES in August 2016.
- Part of the coordination and training team for the senior leadership of the Sree Sathya Sai Sewa Trust in 2016.
- Coordinated and conducted a series of Summer FDPs on Teaching & Learning & Pedagogy for IILM faculty across campuses from 2016-2018.
- Delivered Sessions in the AICTE-sponsored workshop at IILM on Teaching Methods in May 2011.
- Delivered a session on Assurance of Learning in the ATAL FDP on “Emerging Trends, Pedagogy, and Teaching Skills in Management Education Post COVID- 19” held from 6th September, 2021-10th September 2021.
- Moderated Multiple sessions in the IILM-PRME International Conference on Sustainable development, SDGs, and Responsible Management Education from 2014 to 2021
- IQAC Coordinator, IILM Graduate School of Management, Greater Noida.
- Director Executive PGDM, IILM Graduate School of Management, Greater Noida.
- Dean Academics and Associate Professor, Economics, IILM Graduate School of Management.
- Faculty at IILM Graduate School of Management since October 2010.
- PGP Chairperson at Indus World School of Business, Greater Noida (2008-2010)
- Assistant Professor of Economics in Delhi University colleges (New Delhi) 1999-2003 & 2006-2008.
- Senior Economist at Economic Research Foundation, Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi (2003-05), in the Project on “Cross-border transmission of ICT and development” for Indo-Dutch Programme on Alternatives in Development, funded by the Government of the Netherlands and the Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi.
- Visiting Faculty at Lady Shri Ram College, Delhi University, New Delhi (2006-07).
- Visiting faculty at NDIM, New Delhi (2006-07).
- Visiting Faculty at Army Institute of Management, Greater Noida (2009-10).
- Taught MA Economics Courses in Kerala-1994-96.
- UGC JRF/SRF at CESP, JNU New Delhi, 1996-2000.