Dr Neha Sharma is an Assistant Professor, in the Department of Biotechnology at IILM, Greater Noida. She comes with an enriching experience of 7.1 years and has been teaching at IILM, Greater Noida for over 6months. Dr Neha has a keen interest in plantgenomics and proteomics and has published various research papers in this area. Additionally, she has worked on plant tissue culture, serology, and other bioinformatic studies. She has also submitted two accessions to The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and she is an editorial member of many journals of high repute.
- Ph.D., Biotechnology, Dr Y S Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan (HP) (2014)
– Topic: Studies on construction of frame work genetic linkage map of Stevia rebaudiana using molecular markers
- MSc, Biotechnology, Dr Y S Parmar University of Horticulture & Forestry, Nauni, Solan (HP) (2010)
– Topic: Studies on Genomics and Proteomics of a potyvirusinfecting Summer Squash (Cucurbita pepo L.) in HP.
- B.Sc. Biotechnology (2007)
Publications in Refereed Journals
- Srivastav M, Singh S K, Prakash J, Singh R, Sharma N, et al. 2021. New hyper-variable SSRs for diversity analysis in mango (Mangifera indica L.). Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding. 81(1): 1-8.
- Sharma N, Kaur R and Sharma A. 2020. The use of encapsulation dehydration for the first time in Bunium persicum to converse this important endangered medicinal plant. Asian Journal of Plant Science and Research 10(5):38-41.
- Gupta S, Sharma N, Akhatar J, Atri C, Kaur J, Kaur G and Banga S S. 2019. Analysis of epigenetic landscape in a recombinant inbred line population developed by hybridizing natural and re-synthesized Brassica juncea (L.) with stable C- genome introgressions. Euphytica 215: 174
- Mahajan S, Sharma N, Kaur R, Shilpa and Kumar K. 2017. In vitro propagation and analysis of genetic stability of in vitro propagated plants of Jaspi- a clonal rootstock of Prunus. Advances in Research 12(5): 1-12.
- Poonam, Shilpa, Sharma N, Kaur R and Samriti. 2017. Database Derived Microsatellite Markers (SSRs) of Stevia rebaudiana for Cross-transferability Testing Across Species in Family Asteraceae. Advances in Research 9(5): 1-9.
- Kaur R, Sharma N, Majeed S and Thakur Y. 2016. Indirect somatic embryogenesis and evaluation of genetic fidelity of in vitro propagated plants of Bunium persicum (Boiss.) Fedtsch by using DNA markers. Current Trends in Biotechnology and Pharmacy. 10 (3): 238-248.
- Sharma N, Kaur R and Vaidya E. 2016. Potential of RAPD versus ISSR markers for assessing genetic diversity among Stevia rebaudiana accessions. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. 15: 95-100.
- Vaidya E, Kaur R, Kumar K and Sharma N. 2015. Exploitation of Malus ESTs for development of SSR markers after in silico analysis. Journal of Applied Botany and Food Quality. 88: 164-169.
- Kaur R, Shilpa, Kumar K and Sharma N. 2015. Genomics in Agriculture. CAB Reviews. 10(046): 1-25.
- Kaur R, Sharma N and Raina R. 2015. Identification and functional annotation of expressed sequence tags based SSR markers of Stevia rebaudiana. Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry 39: 1-12.
- Sharma N and Kaur R. 2014. MAPMAKER/EXP version 3.0b: Though used since time immemorial still difficult for beginners to start with map construction for the genetic studies. Journal of Translational Proteomics Research 1: 17-27.
- Thakur P D, Handa A, Shivakoty P, Brakta A, Tomar M, Sharma N, Kumar P. 2014. Molecular evidence for natural occurrence of Pepper veinal mottle virus (PVMV) on hot pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) in Himachal Pradesh. Journal of Plant Disease Sciences 9(2): 154-162.
- Sharma A, Kaur R and Sharma N. 2013. In vitro morphogenic response of different explants of Gentiana kurroo Royle from Western Himalayas- an endangered medicinal plant. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 20(2):249-256.
- Kaur R, Sharma N, Gupta M and Sharma G. 2012. In vitro Propagation of a Commercial Strawberry Cultivar ‘Selva’. SKUAST Journal of Research 14: 1-8.
- Sharma N, Bhardwaj S V, Sharma A, Tomar M, Kaur R, Thakur P D and Handa A. 2012. Comparative Genomic and Proteomic Phylogenetic Analysis of Indian Isolate of Partial Coat Protein Gene Sequence of Zucchini Yellow Mosaic Virus (ZYMV) Using Data Mining. J Proteomics Bioinformatics 5(9): 196-203.
- Sharma N, Bhardwaj S V, Jarial K, Thakur P D, Kaur R and Handa A. 2011. Comparative In silico Analysis of Partial Coat Protein Gene Sequence of Zucchini Yellow Mosaic Virus Infecting Summer Squash (Cucurbita pepo L.) Isolated From India. J Proteomics Bioinform 4(3): 068-073. Best Publication Awarded.
Publications in Magazine
- Sharma N, Kaur R and Aulakh H S. 2011. Stevia rebaudiana: Ek meethas yukt aushdhiya Paudha. Audyauniki Avum Vaniki 19(1&2): 124-125.