Dr. Deepak Gola is a faculty of Department of Biotechnology at IILM, Greater Noida. He has a teaching experience of 4 year. Dr. Deepak research area includes Wastewater Analysis & Treatment, Bioreactor Designing, Nanobiotechnology and Environmental Biotechnology. Dr. Deepak has published almost 40 research paper, book chapter and review in last 6 year. He has published one patent on biological wastewater treatment too. He Qualified GATE-2012 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering in Biotechnology) and CEEB-2010 (Conducted by DBT)with All India rank 288 and 10, respectively. He won Excellent Paper Award for the category best presentation in 52nd ISERD International Conference Athens, Greece (2016).
Dr. Deepak Gola
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (2018)
– Topic: Wastewater Treatment
- M Tech., Biotechnology (2012)
– Topic: Biotechnology
- B Tech., Ambala College of Engineering (Kurukshetra University) (1979)
– Topic: Biotechnology
Publications in Refereed Journals
- Gola, D., Dey, P., Bhattacharya, A., Mishra, A., Malik, A., Namburath, M., &Ahammad,S. Z. (2016). Multiple heavy metal removal using an Entomopathogenic fungi Beauveria bassiana. Bioresource technology, 218, 388-396. (IF: 9.5)
- Dey, P., Gola, D., Mishra, A., Malik, A., Kumar, P., Singh, D. K., & Jehmlich, N.(2016). Comparative performance evaluation of multi-metal resistant fungal strains for simultaneous removal of multiple hazardous metals. Journal of hazardous materials, 318, 679-685. (IF:10.5)
- Gola,D.,A.,Malik,A.,Namburath,M.,& Ahammad,S.Z.(2017).Removal of industrial dyes and heavy metals by Beauveriabassiana: FTIR,SEM,TEM and AFM investigations with Pb(II). Environmental Science and Pollution Research.(IF:4.2)
- Mathur, M., Gola, D., A., Malik, A., & Ahammad, S. Z. (2017). Performance evaluation of two Aspergillus spp. for the decolourization of reactive dyes by bioaccumulation and biosorption. Environmental Science and Pollution Research.(IF:4.2)
- Bhattacharya, A., Dey, P., Gola, D., Mishra, A., Malik, A., and Patel, N. Assessment of Yamuna and associated drains used for irrigation in rural and peri-urban settings of Delhi NCR. Environmental monitoring and assessment 187.1 (2015): 1-13.(IF:2.53)
- Gola, D., Malik, A., Shaikh, Z. A., & Sreekrishnan, T. R. (2016). Impact of Heavy Metal Containing Wastewater on Agricultural Soil and Produce: Relevance of Biological Treatment. Environmental Processes, 3(4),1063-1080.
- Gola, D., Mishra A., and Malik A (2013). Kavak dwara bhari dhatuyo ke nirakaran ki jevik taknik. Vishva ki Pragati mein vigyan aevum pradoyogiki ka yogdaan. Proceedings of International Hindi Conference, DRDO. pp. 105-109,Vol.2.
- Gola, D., Namburath, M., Kumar, R., Kumari, A., Malik, A., & Ahammad, Z (2015). Decolourization of the Azo dye (Direct Brilliant Blue) by the Isolated Bacterial Strain. Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, 17(2),1462-1465.
- Mathur, M., Vijayalakshmi , K S., Gola, D., Singh, K., Chaudhary, S., Kaushik, P., & Mailk, A. (2015). Decolourization of Textile Dyes by Aspergillus lentulus. Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, 17(2),1469-1473.
- S Sneh, Bajaj S, Gola D, Malik A, Khankhane P, Kaur R, and Singh DK (2017). “A qualitative approach to nickel and leaduptake by heavy metal resistant bacteria Klebsiella sp. 10KN.” IJAR 3, no. 7:878-885.
- Gola, D., Kaushik, P., Mishra, A., & Malik, A. (2019). Production and shelf life evaluation of three different formulations of Beauveria bassiana in terms ofmultimetal removal. Biotechnology Research andInnovation.
- Gola, D., Bhattacharya, A., Malik, A., & Ahammad, S. Z. (2019). Simultaneous removal of hexa-metal mixture by Beauveria bassiana: Microscopic (SEM, TEM and AFM) and bioreactor studies. Environmental Technology & Innovation, 15, 100428. (IF:5.26)
- Tyagi S, Tyagi PK, Gola D, Chauhan N, Bharti RK. Extracellular synthesis of silver nanoparticles using entomopathogenic fungus: characterization and antibacterial potential. SN Applied Sciences. 2019 Dec1;1(12):1545.
- Chawla, P., Malik, A., Sreekrishnan, T.R., Dalvi, V. and Gola, D., 2020. Selection of optimum combination via comprehensive comparison of multiple algal cultures for treatment of diverse wastewaters. Environmental Technology & Innovation, 18, p.100758. (IF: 5.26)
- Gola, D., Chawla, P., Malik, A. and Ahammad, S.Z., 2020. Development and performance evaluation of native microbial consortium for multi metal removal in lab scale aerobic and anaerobic bioreactor. Environmental Technology & Innovation, p.100714. (IF: 5.26)
- Gola, D., Bhattacharya, A., Dey, P., Malik, A. and Ahammad, S.Z., 2020. Assessment of Drain Water Used for Irrigation in the Delhi Region. Journal of Health and Pollution, 10(26), p.200610.
- Tyagi, P.K., Mishra, R., Khan, F., Gupta, D. and Gola, D., 2020. Antifungal Effects of Silver Nanoparticles Against Various Plant Pathogenic Fungi and its Safety Evaluation on Drosophila melanogaster.Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry. 2020
- Jain A, Ahmad F, Gola D, Malik A, Chauhan N, Dey P, Tyagi PK. Multi dye degradation and antibacterial potential of Papaya leaf derived silver nanoparticles. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management. 2020 Jun 17:100337.
- Garg D, Sarkar A, Chand P, Bansal P, Gola D, Sharma S, Khantwal S, Mehrotra R, Chauhan N, Bharti RK. Synthesis of silver nanoparticles utilizing various biological systems: mechanisms and applications—a review. Progress in Biomaterials. 2020 Jul 11:1-5.
- Tyagi, P.K., Tyagi, S., Kumar, A., Ahuja, A. and Gola, D., Contribution of Nanotechnology in the Fight Against COVID-19. Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry.2020
- Samuchiwal, S., Gola, D., & Malik, A. Decolourization of textile effluent using native microbial consortium enriched from textile industry effluent. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 402, 123835. 2020 (IF: 10.5)
- Bhattacharya, A., Gola, D., Dey, P. and Malik, A. Synergistic and Antagonistic Effects on Metal Bioremediation with Increasing Metal Complexity in a Hexa-metal Environment by Aspergillus fumigatus. International Journal of Environmental Research. 2020. (IF: 2.4)
- Tyagi, P.K., Gola, D., Tyagi, S., Mishra, A.K., Kumar, A., Chauhan, N., Ahuja, A. and Sirohi, S., 2020. Synthesis of zinc oxide nanoparticles and its conjugation with antibiotic: Antibacterial and morphological characterization. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, 14, p.100391.
- Gola, D., Tyagi, P.K., Chauhan, N., Malik, A. and Srivastava, S.K., 2021. Beauveria bassiana assisted remediation of chromium and indanthane blue. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 9(4), p.105552. (IF:5.8)
- Dey, P., Vaijayanthimala, S. Dalvi, V.S., Gola, D., et al. 2020. COVID-19: Understanding the Pandemic Emergence, Impact and Infection Prevalence Worldwide. J Pure Appl Microbiol, 14(4), pp.2235-2251.
- Gola, D., Bhatt, N., Bajpai, M., Singh, A., Arya, A., Chauhan, N., Srivastava, S.K., Tyagi, P.K. and Agrawal, Y., 2021. Silver nanoparticles for enhanced dye degradation. Current Research in Green and Sustainable Chemistry, 4, p.100132.
- Kaushik, A., Gola, D., Raghav, J., Gupta, D., Kumar, A., Agarwal, M., Chauhan, N., Srivastava, S.K. and Tyagi, P.K., 2022. Synthesis of silver nanoparticles using egg white: dye degradation and antimicrobial potential. Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, 12(2), pp.2361-2372.
- Gola, D., Tyagi, P.K., Arya, A., Gupta, D., Raghav, J., Kaushik, A., Agarwal, M., Chauhan, N. and Srivastava, S.K., 2021. Antimicrobial and dye degradation application of fungi assisted silver nanoparticles and utilization of fungal retentate biomass for dye removal. Water Environment Research. (IF:1.9)
- Gola, D., Tyagi, P.K., Arya, A., Chauhan, N., Agarwal, M., Singh, S.K. and Gola, S., 2021. The impact of microplastics on marine environment: a review. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, p.100552.
- Tyagi, P.K., Tyagi, S., Gola, D., Arya, A., Ayatollahi, S.A., Alshehri, M.M. and Sharifi-Rad, J., 2021. Ascorbic Acid and Polyphenols Mediated Green Synthesis of Silver Nanoparticles from Tagetes erecta L. Aqueous Leaf Extract and Studied Their Antioxidant Properties. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2021. (IF:2.9)
- Tyagi, P. K., Gupta, S., Tyagi, S., Kumar, M., Pandiselvam, R., Daştan, S. D., Gola & Arya, A. (2021). Green Synthesis of Iron Nanoparticles from Spinach Leaf and Banana Peel Aqueous Extracts and Evaluation of Antibacterial Potential. Journal of Nanomaterials, 2021. (IF:2.9)
- Tyagi, P. K., Sharma, S., Tyagi, S., Mishra, A., & Gola, D. (2022). Toxicity assessment of silica nanoparticles, and their conjugates with curcumin on Drosophila melanogaster. Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, 17, 100616.
- Singh, D., Ramniwas, S., Tyagi, P. K., Kumar, G., & Gola, D. (2022). Melanization plasticity of Drosophila kikkawai, Drosophila leontia and reciprocal hybrids under different temperatures. Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology, 25(1), 101865. (IF:1.3)
- Chawla, P., Gola, D., Dalvi, V., Sreekrishnan, T. R., Ariyadasa, T. U., & Malik, A. (2022). Design and development of mini-photobioreactor system for strategic high throughput selection of optimum microalgae-wastewater combination. Bioresource Technology Reports, 17, 100967.
- Chaudhuri, S.R., Mishra, M., De, S., Samal, B., Saha, A., Banerjee, S., Chakraborty, A., Chakraborty, A., Pardhiya, S., Gola, D. and Chakraborty, J., 2017. Microbe-Based Strategy for Plant Nutrient Management. In Biological Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery. InTech.
- D Gola, N Chauhan, A Malik, ZA Shaikh, TR Sreekrishnan. Handbook of metal-microbe interactions and bioremediation. CRC Press, Boca Raton, 471-491, 2017
- Mohan, S., Chigadannavar, P.S., Quadri, Z., Dey, P., Gola, D., Chauhan, N. and Bharti, R.K., 2021. Microbial community diversity in a wastewater treatment plant. In Wastewater Treatment Reactors (pp. 373-385). Elsevier.
- Dalvi, V., Naaz, F., Nigam, H., Jain, R., Samuchiwal, S., Kalia, S., Kumar, R., Mathur, M., Bano, F., Malik, A., Gola, D and Singh, A., 2021. Removal of pollutants from wastewater via biological methods and shifts in microbial community profile during treatment process. Wastewater Treatment Reactors, pp.19-38.
- Gola, D., Chauhan, N., Bharti, R.K., Dey, P., TP, K.M. and Bajpai, M., 2021. Prospects of algae and bacteria in the remediation of hazardous metals from wastewater. In New Trends in Removal of Heavy Metals from Industrial Wastewater (pp. 323-342). Elsevier.
- Jain, R., Nigam, H., Kalia, S., Chauhan, N., Gola, D., Tyagi, P., Gola, S. and Arya, A., 2021. Halophilic Fungal Communities: Current Research and Future Challenges. Recent Trends in Mycological Research, pp.203-218.
- Ramachandraiah, A., Kaushik, J., Gowda, L., Chigadannavar, P.S., Krishnappa, R., Venkatesh, S., Sivadas, S., Judith, S., Ramesh, U.M., Quadri, Z., Gola, D. and Dey, P., 2021. Prospect of biofuel production by fungus. In Fungi Bio-Prospects in Sustainable Agriculture, Environment and Nano-Technology (pp. 285-313). Academic Press.
- Dey, P., Gola, D., Chauhan, N., Bharti, R.K. and Malik, A., 2021. Mechanistic Insight to Bioremediation of Hazardous Metals and Pesticides from Water Bodies by Microbes. In Removal of Emerging Contaminants Through Microbial Processes (pp. 467-487). Springer, Singapore.
- Gola, D., Adhikary, A., Bharti, R.K., Dey, P., Gola, S., Chauhan, N., Srivastava, S.K. and Mehrotra, R., 2022. Advances in nanotechnologies of wastewater treatment: strategies and emerging opportunities. In Development in Wastewater Treatment Research and Processes (pp. 123-138). Elsevier.
- Kumar, S., Tyagi, P.K., Gola, D., Mishra, A.K. and Arya, A., 2021. Plant-Based Sweeteners and Their Applications in Modern Lifestyle. In Non-Timber Forest Products (pp. 75-103). Springer, Cham.
- Chauhan, N., Gola, S., Sharma, S., Khantwal, S., Mehrotra, R., Arya, A., … & Gola, D. (2021). Detrimental Effects of Industrial Wastewater on the Environment and Health. In Biological Treatment of Industrial Wastewater (pp. 40-52).
- Jha, A., Narasimhaiah, N.K., Sreekumar, N., Babu, P.A.M., Umashankar, P., Mohan, S., Mahesh, U., Sharief, N.A., Ghatole, K.P., Dey, P. and Gola, D., (2022). Biofiltration techniques in the remediation of hazardous inorganic and organic contaminants. In An Innovative Role of Biofiltration in Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTPs) (pp. 137-154). Elsevier.
- Anushree Malik, Prachi Kaushik, Abhishek Mishra, Deepak Gola “Mycocapsules for Bioremediation of Wastewater” Indian Patent Number: 333307
- Anushree Malik, Saurabh Samuchiwal, Deepak Gola. “A process of decolourizing textile dye effluent by microbial consortium” (Patent filed: Application No.: 201911037941)